Chapman Welton LLP
From inception in 1953, Chapman Welton LLP has demonstrated a commitment to responsive service and creative problem solving. We work closely with client management on financial statement presentation and reporting, and on the appropriate accounting treatment for transactions. We provide recommendations on balance sheet structuring, internal control, and constructive management letter comments.
We function as a sounding board, expert and business advisor on accounting issues and strategies, staffing and internal control issues.
Our team approaches our client’s financial statements with a solid knowledge of our client’s business practices, operations, and industrial sector.
Business & Tax Consultation
- Timely advice with respect to strategic tax-planning, to ensure that our clients take maximum advantage of federal or provincial tax planning, deferral strategies, financing structures, employee compensation, and shareholder remuneration
- Representing clients in tax assessments, negotiations, appeals.
- Succession planning.
- Consultations with legal, insurance and other professionals.
- Litigation support.
- Suggestions for improvement to internal control systems.
- Cash flow, budgeting and business plan preparation.
- Assistance with Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Corporate reorganizations.
- Assistance with filings under various government programs.
- Personnel selection and planning.
Estate & Tax Planning
Chapman Welton LLP assists clients in developing effective estate and trust plans. We integrate income tax planning with estate, tax and family law planning, keeping in mind that there are aspects of estate planning that are not tax driven.
We assist our clients in assessing their current financial situation and plan for the distribution of their assets upon their death. This planning process may involve the use of life insurance, various trust structures, or the restructuring of asset ownership.
Estate plans are reviewed on a regular basis to meet the changing needs of the client and changes to existing and/or pending legislation.